Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crazy Kids!!!

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

Last Weekend Colby, Jaxon and Nana Cochran got into the Halloween spir
it and decided to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and also Sugar Cookies. These cookies turned out sooo good. Here is the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe if you are interested. This recipe makes TONS of cookies so you better be in the mood to make a lot of cookies or cut it in half.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/2 Cup Shortening 3 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Large Can Pumpkin 2 Teaspo
on Cinnamon
3 Eggs 1-1/2 Teaspoon Salt
7-1/2 Cups Flour 4-1/2 Cups Sugar

3 Teaspoons Vanilla 1-1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Large Package Chocolate Chips (or Raisins)

Cream Shortening, Sugar, Eggs together, then add remaining ingredients.
Drop onto Cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 min
utes

This is at the end of the cookie making, and I don't know if you can really see it or not, but everyone is completely covered in Flour. They all had a lot of fun and we all got yummy cookies at the end!!! Thank you Nana, we love you.


HOLY COW!!!
So a couple of weeks ago I was up with Raylie about 7:00am and had just got done feeding her and put her in her swing when I heard Jaxon moving around in his room waking up. He was yelling at me from his room that he wanted some milk and cereal and wanted to watch Nemo!! I told him to bring me his sippy cup, I was getting my coffee ready and he was standing next to me with his sippy cup waiting patiently for his milk. To my surprise I look down at him to get his sippy cup and find this.......
I nearly died. I asked him what was on his fa
ce and he had no idea what I was talking about. I then took him to the mirror and he started laughing, then I started laughing, until I went to his room and found this blue stuff all over his sheets, pillow case, etc. I started digging through everything to find the source and finally found a "Sharpie" blue marker. That's right!! A Sharpie marker, from Colby's backpack. I then started to freak out that he was going to be blue for several days and we had family pictures plained for that weekend. Thank goodness it ended up being a white board marker, so it washed off with soap and water, except for the blue in his hair, but that was out in only a couple days and some strong scrubbing. It is funny now, but at the time when I found the marker I was not very happy:(

Dance


Colby went to his first school dance two weeks ago. This was just a sock hop, it was an Hawaiian theme so his is dressed and ready. As you can tell he is not to happy with me at all about this picture being taken. I took him and picked him up, and he said that he had a lot of fun. (This made me feel really OLD!!!)




Raylie
Our little baby girl is now 9 weeks old. I took her last
week for her two month doctors appointment. She now weighs 10 pounds 15 ounces and is doing great. She is just starting the fun stage of smiling and trying to talk or goo at us. It is so much fun.

Michelle's
Hair Poll!!!
Ok everyone, I
need your help. I have always had blonde hair since I was born. I just died my hair Dark Brown yesterday and since my husband has no opinion on anything that I do to my hair, or at least he says he likes everything that I do to it, I need some honest opinions from my loved ones!! Will you please send me a comment on what you think?



FAMILY PICTURES!!!
We went last weekend and had our family pictures done at Mack's Park, just up the street from our house. Most of you are going to get one of these printed out for Christ
mas, but here is a heads up. Sam wanted pictures with him and the boys in their camo. So Raylie and I had ours done in pink to counter balance it. I have to say it was a great idea and the pictures turned out great!!!

5 comments:

Candy M said...

I think you should do red hair!! Seriously... I think you would rock it!! Missing Jaxon WAY bad! I think you need to take a break and bring him out for the day..Love the blue face! To funny

Keri said...

Michelle, it's Keri, your cousin-in-law. I found your blog through Lyndsey's. Anyway, love all the pictures. I can't believe how big your little girl is already! I liked the brown hair OK, but I think I really like you as a blonde better...just me. btw, send me an email and I'll add you to my blog list if you're interested! evans.keri@gmail.com

Wetzel's said...

I love the family pictures. It's hard to see you with brown hair,I like it but I prefer blonde. Your dad and Teresa are down here this weekend it sure is good to see them. Keep on posting I really enjoy reading and seeing how your cute family is growing.
Love Aunt Susan

Unknown said...

I put a comment at another place on your blog but wanted to get one in here as well. I love your blog but I miss your Blond hair. I like the natural look. Jolene continues to heal and get stronger. She is amazing. Thank you for all your support!

Dan

Barbara said...

I love the pictures of your family. I like the brown hair.It is different but you do look good with it. Keep the blogs coming. Love to read about you family.