Monday, January 26, 2009

Torturing the Kids!!!

So the other day I was playing with my camera and decided to torture the kids with different pictures. I didn't get a lot of good ones because either Raylie was pulling one of the boys hair, or Jaxon's ear, or not looking at the camera, you know how it goes!!! Anyway here are a few to share with you.



Potty Training Blues!!!


Like I tell everyone Jaxon is my monster child. Colby was so easy to train, he was trained in three days and never had an accident, not even at night. Please, Please, Please, if any one has ideas on potty training please send me a comment. Sam and I have been working with Jaxon on this for couple of months now. He was doing really good for the first couple of weeks, he was wearing underwear and not having very many accidents, then all of the sudden for some reason he went right back to not going in the toilet at all and in pull ups again. We did the treat thing, and gave him a treat after he would go in the toilet, and then it turned into just a treat thing, so now I am trying stickers with a chart, and he is at least going a couple times a day in the toilet, but not like before. The question is, what worked for you and do I go back to the treat thing? It is so frustrating, HELP!!!!

Familiar Wallace Family Moments

2 comments:

Keri said...

I don't know. I've always heard that if they're fighting it, you're not going to win, so to wait until they're ready and take the plunge themselves. But, I know it's frustrating when you know that they can do it. My neighbor had a similar problem and just ended up having to wait until her daughter was ready because it was a power struggle every day. Good luck! (I'm not looking forward to doing the same thing in a few months...to me, it's the worst part of toddler-hood)

Jessica said...

I too despise potty training. Maren is doing good, but still wanting to wear pullups, and not actual underwear much. that is something we are going to have to work on this week.

My girlfriend Natalie, just emailed me this link. http://www.thepottybootcamp.com/.
I saw this lady on the today show aout a year ago. You can download her book online for about 5 dollars. good luck!!!